Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nicknames, Part II

I suppose it's about time for my monthly post, so let us sit down and discuss the better half of Jane's kitty pairing: Me. Below you'll find a list of the wacky and unnecessary alternate names Jane and Nolan have conjured for the best starch ever (Me. A potato. Get it?).

Potato's Nicknames

Potato Pancake Pumpkin Bean - My full, proper name as cited in my Blogger profile. Useful if I ever assassinate anyone important.

Potatoo - If you were here for the last 'blog entry (or if you can scroll down a few inches), you may remember that adding another "o" to the end of a name to create a nickname is typically a bad idea. Here, the trend holds.

Potatonut - Do you get the feeling that Nolan and Jane aren't creative? Adding "nut" to Domino's name worked so well, so why not add it to mine? Genius.

Potatonater - Like Ah-nold's Terminator, except not looking for John Connor.

Potato Bug - This is a launching point for several other "bug" related nicknames. It's also supposed to be cute. I think that real potato bugs eat potatos, which leaves me with some complex existential questions.

Little One - Little one what? I get the feeling this is actually a veiled insult (at least when Carrot says it).

Wittle Bug, Little Boog - I'm pretty sure that splicing two bad nicknames together and adding a speech impediment doesn't make a good nickname.

Bug-a-roo - "When is the dance, Paw? I really wanna go down to the dance hall and do the Bug-a-roo with that Billy Joe boy."

Bug-a-roo Barbie - No.

Tater - Because Potato has too many syllables for some people (you know who you are).

Bat Cat - When I was younger, I looked a lot like Christian Bale (hence the name).

Super Bug - Like Clark Kent. or Avian flu.

Once again, our time has grown short. Tune in next month (year? epoch?) for the third installment of Crazy Cat Nicknames.

1 Comments:

Blogger C.J Hixon said...

A bit like "The Herrminator" then??

http://cjscrisis.blogspot.com/2005/10/cromalongadingdong-shoopwoopshelangala.html

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home